Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trip to Seattle #1

Last weekend, Terence had a conference at the W in Seattle. Since everything was pretty much paid for, Boo and I decided to tag along. I was a little apprehensive about Boo's first plane ride, but I needn't have been, as he was perfectly well behaved.

After we got there, we had lunch at Antonious Salumi, Mario Batali's dad's homemade salami shop. We had to wait about an hour to get through the door. Even though I'm not a big fan of salami in general, everything we had there was really rustic and delicious! I'd definitely go back.




Since we thought we wouldn't get an indoor table, John decided stroll around to find a pleasant place to lunch. When he said he'd found a waterfall, I was picturing a sad, dirty little water fountain, because Salumi is located in a less than desirable area of town. However, after lunch, we strolled to what I thought would be the ugly fountain, and this is what we saw. Go John! Next time, I won't hesitate when John recommends something.


Then, a short stroll to the local park, where there was a fireman competition of some sort.


Here's Boo pretending to be lost.

After that, we checked into the W, which was pretty nice, but not worth the price. Lucky for us, it was free.

While Terence was at his conference, Boo and I did a lot of shopping, strolling, and eating. Here we are at Top Pot, a doughnut/coffee shop that was featured on Food Network. Their doughnuts were good, but apparently, they're also sold at Starbucks all over the country.


We had a playdate with Avelyn, who Gavin absolutely loved! He kept trying to grab her feet and diaper, and she kept him amused for a LONG, LONG time. He was really happy, as you can see here (the scrunchy smile)!


Mommy and me class, haha.


Then, after a bit of shopping at Bellevue Square, we went to I Love Sushi on Lake Union for our last dinner out with John and Amy. It was fresh and delicious. Wild salmon sashimi, yum, yum!


Boo enjoyed his Cheerios. More, please!

On our last day in town, we strolled a short 10 minutes to Pikes Place Market from the W.


Here we are at Pike's Place Chowder, where Terence had the market chowder and I had the clam chowder.

There's that scrunch face smile again...

... and again!
Then, we headed over to Piroshky, Piroshky for some airport food. They were really good, especially the salty meat filled ones.

Since we passed it and saw a ton of people taking photos of the first Starbucks, we figured we might as well take one too.

3 comments:

Phi said...

Aww nice pics. it looks like really nice weather. agreed that the hotel was not worth regular price but definately good for free/a deal. the pix of gavin and the new friend are so cute! piroshky piroshky is tasty

Anonymous said...

mmm! the salami looks yummy! i love gavin's thizz face haha... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Avelyn and I had lots fun. I love the mommies pic in that the kiddies are looking at each other.