Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch!

Yesterday, we went to the best pumpkin patch ever at Live Oak Canyon Farm, which was on I-10 and Live Oak Canyon Drive in Redlands. It had U-pick pumpkins (20 acres), about 20 different variety of freshly picked pumpkins to choose from (in case you're too lazy to pick your own), a gift shop, petting zoo, ATV rides, pony rides, bounce houses, some carnival games, and a really cute picnic area. It was a fun way to spend an hour, and, judging from the parking lot, which had about 300 cars in it, other people probably thought so too. The funny thing was that it didn't feel crowded at all. I would highly recommend this pumpkin patch to all people in this area...


Here's a pic of a table of just one of the varieties of pumpkins they have.


Here we are at the petting zoo-- he liked the Alpaca. There were also some goats that were on top of the structures on podiums-- and then you could wheel them some food on some sort of pulley-- it was interesting, and the goats weren't stuck up there, so it was humane, as well. If I find a pic of that, I'll post it later tonight.




Here are two pics of the goat that was on top of the building on a platform and the pulley system.


Finally, here's a pic of me and Boo with the white pumpkin we picked out for him for Halloween. We're going to make it into a nightmare before X-mas pumpkin. For some strange reason, Terence is also really good at carving pumpkins... pics will be posted when the time comes...



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're making motherhood look so fun! Stop it! You're making me want one...and then I can do all those fun things you guys do on this blog. Minus the waking up every hour thing tho, that kinda of sucks. I can't believe you guys are going to move. I'm so sad, you're one of my few friends in this area. I'm jealous, I miss the Bay Area too.